Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer Ends

In two days I go back to receiving my formal education. Ya, fucking, hoo.

This summer, I got my act together. I got my license and in about a week, I will be putting my very own car on the road. I will be independent and not worrying about anything, and doing what I want, on my time, with my money.

I bought all of my own clothes for school, and I took on fully my portion of the phone bill. Unlike Charles, I can handle bills, and take care of a checkbook. I act my age when necessary, and I've never been in a hurry to be older than I really am.

In about a year I will be heading off to school, I won't be home, and I'll actually be able to call all of the shots in my life. I can't wait.

It seems that a recent affair has led me to be baffled between my dream, and a romance. Love awaits me in Atlanta, where if I go to school there, I'll have to choose a completely different career path. My dream awaits me in Manhattan, the center of commerce where I'll have to open myself to a whole new network of people, and go to the school that I've dreamed of going to for the past year.

At times I feel that if I choose my dream job, I'll be so in love with my job that I'll end up being alone in my house with my millions, and a hairless cat. And now that a lover is making me question my dream, I feel he may be worth it. Maybe he's the new dream.

Through growing up, I'm still faced with some of my teenage issues and childish desires. I don't think I'll ever stop being so unrealistic.